Friday, March 28, 2008

Help Katrina Victims!

So I'm heading to New Orleans in a a couple months to fight educational inequity as a Teach For America Corp member. Since my acceptance and placement, I've been trying to educate myself on the post-Katrina situation there. I'm subscribed to ColorofChange.org's listserv and receive updates. Recently, I went to their site and noticed their campaign advocating for the victims of Katrina. Yes, two years after the tragedy, America still has not done all it can to help those displaced by the storm. Check out this video:



Go to ColorofChange.org and join the fight in telling your Senator to vote for S. 1668 to help Katrina survivors come back home. S. 1668 is the Housing Recovery Act of 2007 that would assist survivors by opening and repairing thousands public housing units. Join the fight against gentrification that is replacing those who once lived in New Orleans with the wealthy elite.

No comments: